Re: Oracle Vs Access

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:07:14 GMT

vijay wrote:

> I am designing a customer support database for a user base of less than
> 6000 with a web base interface for the users. Which is better option?
> Oracle of MS-Access?
>
> --

I do hope this is not a joke.

Access starts to lose its integrity at about three simultaneous transactions. By 20 it is toast. You just sit around waiting to see when it will pop up.

But I think you may be laboring under a horribly mistaken impression that if you know Access you can just grab a CD named Oracle, pop it into the machine, and do the same thing in Oracle. If that is the case you couldn't be further from the truth.

I would suggest, based on your question, that you have no business touching Oracle for any project more serious than personal education for at least one year.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Aug 30 2002 - 13:07:14 CDT