Re: Bad deinstallation - Reinstallation per Orcl v8

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:37:12 GMT

Epson wrote:

> Hi,
> I had to reinstall Personal Oracle v8.1.7 on my PC under Windows XP with an
> Athlon XP. All seemed to be OK.
> However after a few days my PC crashed.
> Since then the PC has hanged more and more often on startup.
> Looking at Taskmanager I see I have 2xOradim.exe and 2xOracle.exe.
> Is this correct ?
> If not, how do I get rid of one of them permanently :)
> Is there anything else I should check for ?
>
> Thanks

Oradim.exe in task manager? Something is seriously wrong.

I think you are looking at wiping Oracle completely off the system. Starting with oradim -delete -sid <sid_name>, all Oracle files under the Oracle directory and under Program Files, followed by CAREFULLY cleaning out the registry (VERY VERY CAREFULLY).

Then reinstall.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Aug 29 2002 - 12:37:12 CDT