Re: Has anyone used the QuestSqlPlus Toad tool from Toadsoft?

From: jim <jmmcda_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:52:59 GMT

Scott Mattes" <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:DhLa9.26880$WJ3.4575172_at_news1.news.adelphia.net...
> Someone on another news group was saying that she is very pleased with how
> much it works like SQLPlus (she sounds big into report type scripts).

Incorporating the reporting features of Sql*Plus was a major issue for v7.3 an 7.4. Simple DML and DDL scripts were easy enough but the vast array of DBA scripts in use for reportig posed the largest challenege to displacing Sql*Plus on the desktop. Bert Scalzo formerly of PcWeek mag and and and EDS DBA has a storehouse of 100's of DBA scripts and we can now execute all of them. And we do this all under 600k.

Now, if could convince Quest management to just let this sucker be perpetually free, I'd be a happy puppy. Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 22:52:59 CDT