TNS listener failed error...help!

From: John Merkel <merkeliiii_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:40:23 GMT

i'm running oracle 8 on win 2K. when i try to log onto the my database i get the following error message "ora-12500: TNS listener failed to start a dedicated server process". i then run the oracle database configuration assistant, doing a "change database configuration" procedure, running in "dedicated server mode". when the configuration assistant finishes, i am then able to log into the database. can anyone tell me how to fix this so that i don't need to use the configuration assistant every time i want to log on?

thank you for any help.

john Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 22:40:23 CDT