ODBC Connection Pooling & Oracle

From: Jennifer <Jennifer_at_DAG[DELETEME>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:21:59 GMT

Hello All,
Does anyone know of any Server side parameters that could be set in the sqlnet.ora or init.ora that would disable ODBC connections pooling?

I've been working on a project for months and everything seemed fine until I moved the application to the client site. It seems to take a really long time to just connect to the database through the application. Once I am in and execute a select statement, it returns quickly but, if I close the connection to the database and issue another select statement again I wait a long time for the connection and then eventually after the connection is established the record set is returned quickly.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on? Oracle version is 8.1.6
Thanks
Jennifer Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 15:21:59 CDT