Re: Spooling without the whitespace

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 26 Aug 2002 10:15:02 -0800

BVince2172 (bvince2172_at_aol.comPRO) wrote:
: I'm trying to spool to a csv file, which I have managed to do, but I can't work
: out how to remove the extra white space in the columns. ie, my output looks
: like the following:

: 101,12-Dec-99, 190101,01-Jan-00, 29292,'monkey' , 90

: Should I be SETting something or setting something in the COLUMN definition, or
: something else altogether??

I use || to put all the selected columns into a single output column (so to speak).

Also, in SQL*Plus, you must use SET for at least two things to make the spool work better

-1- make sure the width is long enough for at least the longest possible column

-2- there is a SET option to trim the end of each line in the spool file.

You need to look up the two set option names, I don't have them with me. Received on Mon Aug 26 2002 - 13:15:02 CDT