Re: Going from Oracle to Mysql

From: Jason Baugher <jason_at_baugher.pike.il.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:48:48 GMT

"Michael Williams" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in news:vJ1a9.313$GS1.22943_at_newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net:

>> > ps please do also send to my email address in the response.
>>
>> What is going on here? Several questions about MySQL in the last few
>> days. Which part of the fact that the name of these usenet groups is
>> comp.databases.ORACLE is escaping you folks?
>>
>> 1. We don't know.
>> 2. We don't care.
>> 3. You made the choice to use a product lacking in support, lacking
>> in documentation, lacking in usenet groups. No us.
>>
>> Daniel Morgan
>>

> Wow, so it really is true that Oracle bods are unhelpful, unkind,
> arrogant, and believe anyone even slightly less technical than
> themselves are a waste of space...

Did anyone say you were less thechnical? No, they said your question does not belong here. Why do you expect Oracle people to know answers to mySQL questions? Why do you expect them to care? Many groups wouldn't have explained themselves to you, and would have just said "f*ck off".

And because I'm just a helpful kind of guy, I'm going to point something else out to you. Many people, not just people on this group, don't like people who ask for reponses to be emailed to them. This says that those people are too lazy to put forth the effort to track the newsgroup and the thread to wait for the answer. Therefore those people were likely too lazy to try and find the answer on the web somewhere in the first place.

--
Jason Baugher
Virtual Adept Professional Consulting Services