Re: Control files and data files

From: Yanick Hudon <yannik_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:20:33 -0700

Hi again,.

    I need to recover the database for getting the datas in it otherwise, i'll have to reenter all datas...

    The following is what i did with the error message:

    I did what some of you suggested me, i copied all the control files and the configuration files

    like listener.ora, tnsnames.ora, .... and so on.

    Now after a reformat and a creation of the same database, i have no problem to access it,

    when i replace the control files and the configurations files by copying them and i try to access

    the database, i receive this error: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

    I'm using Oracle 9i on W2K SP2.

    Thanks in advance!