Control files and data files

From: Yanick Hudon <yannik_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:37:39 -0700

Hi all,

    I'm trying to recover a database. Until here, all the information i've got for those procedures is that you can

    recover a database with a cold or hot backup of the datafiles.

    Now, my question is: What about the database recovery without any backups (hot or cold) while i still

    have the old control files and datafiles and what's the meaning of each one like control01, control02..

    system01.dbf, users.dbf... and so on and what's th eprocedure to perform a recover??

Thanks in advance! Received on Sat Aug 24 2002 - 20:37:39 CDT