Re: Exporting a Schema to a script files

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK_brian.tkatch_at_shopsforme.com_SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:09:54 -0400

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 06:22:31 +0000 (UTC), Dale_at_DataBee.com (Dale Edgar) wrote:

>Hi Brian
>
>On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:24:08 -0400, Brian Tkatch
><SPAMBLOCK_brian.tkatch_at_shopsforme.com_SPAMBLOCK> wrote:
>
>>We are looking for a way to export the schema of a user to a bunch of
>>text files. That is, one file per object (and its priveledges,
>>indexes, etc...) with a master file calling them in the correct order.
>>I saw the exp tool, but it doesn't seem to have a SQL statement
>>export.
>>
>>Is there a script or a tool that does this? Curently, I am trying to
>>do an export from a tool (PL/SQL Developer) and I am waiting for it to
>>finish. When it does, I guess I will have to make order from the
>>hundreds of files.
>
>The freeware DBATool does exactly this. It can write all objects of a
>same type to one file, individual files or collect DDL like grants and
>synonyms into one file and big DDL like packages in separate files.

I tried that. It didn't work. That is, I used the "sensible output" but it put everything in different files.

Anyway, it says it will separate files based on "multi-line". That's not what is required. Instead, every object, including triggers, that are associated with a table should be in one file. And then the file should be run in dependency order.

So, it acutally doesn't do what is required.

It is quick though.

Brian Received on Wed Aug 21 2002 - 12:09:54 CDT