Converting UNIX time to GMT

From: Marc[uk] <top_marcREMOVE_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:19:06 +0100

I have a requirement to display data from an Oracle 8.1.7 table which is populated by a 3rd party application. This application happens to store all of it's dates in the database as UNIX time (in seconds) but to make this meaningful in the report, i need to display it as GMT.

I could do this in SQL Server with the line

DATEADD (ss,<fieldname>,'19700101')

but the closest function I found to this in Oracle is ADD_MONTHS.. but I assume by the name of the function, this works only in months whereas I need to convert from seconds.

Any ideas?

regards,

Marc[uk] Received on Wed Aug 21 2002 - 05:19:06 CDT