Re: Exporting a Schema to a script files

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK_brian.tkatch_at_shopsforme.com_SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:17:05 -0400

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:12:24 GMT, Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>Brian Tkatch wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:29:41 GMT, Daniel Morgan
>> <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>> >I can't think of any tool that does what you want because I can't in my
>> >wildest nightmares understand why anyone would want separate files for
>> >each object.
>>
>> Imagine it being the easiest way to disseminate object information to
>> users with no immediate DB access.
>>
>> > Sounds to me like a maintaince-version control nightmare.
>>
>> Yes. But, the objects are not seem to be updated often. So, it may be
>> cumbersome, but not a nightmare.
>>
>> >If you can settle for a single file just about every product will do it.
>> >
>> >Daniel Morgan
>>
>> Brian
>
>I guess what strikes me as frightening is that if the database contains 100
>objects, and three are updated, it will be remarkably easy for someone to no
>accurately version control the three that changes. Putting everything into a
>single build script solves that problem. And I can't see how that could
>possibly do anything but enhance distribution.
>
>Daniel Morgan

Well, the separate files enhance the use by allowing quicker finds with another mechanism set to handle the individual files.

Anyway, it is irrelevant. It is what I was asked to do. So, I've got to do it.

I've exported it to one file. It seems easierr to work on this way. I'll separate them aftewr I edit everything to be cleaner.

Brian Received on Mon Aug 19 2002 - 15:17:05 CDT