OracleXMLParser and   Entity

From: Aviv <ronensh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2002 07:20:58 -0700

Hello,

We are using OracleXMLParser V2.
We use the parser to build XMLDocument that contains HTML content, so it contains entities like &nbsp;.
The problem is when we parse string that contains &nbsp; the parser generates XMLDocument that contains character ASCII 160 (as part of text element) instead of Entity.
ASCII 160 is the right value for NonBreakableSpace but we need it as an Entity so we can generate the original string with &nbsp; for the user to edit.
For now traversing through XMLDocument gets text element the character ASCII 160 and not Entity &nbsp;

Does anyone have idea how to make the parser preserve the entities?

TIA. p.s.
The javadoc of org.w3c.dom say that this CAN be the implementation of parser, so this is a legal behave but we need it to work the other way. Received on Sun Aug 18 2002 - 09:20:58 CDT