Re: Can everyone explain to me about the meaning of gaining the OCP title?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:23:02 +0200

"Lamborghini" <neocyh_at_yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:ajncbn$2be$1_at_ijustice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk...
> I am an undergraduate student and I am going to study "managment
information
> system". Friends around me told me a lot about having exams like MCSE or
OCP
> and they said that these things can help students like us to have a good
job
> after graduation. But I doubt can these things help me because I think
that
> these exams are more likely to be taken by experienced DBA or system
> administrators, not us who have no experience before. And now I want to
ask
> "Should I take the OCP or MCSE exam without working experience?" Thanks
for
> your reply!

Please search the archives for this and other Oracle newsgroups before posting this type of question.
It has been asked now so often and responded to so often that it is getting really boring.

Basically: OCP demonstrates you can read a book and have sufficient knowledge of English to answer the trap questions. It won't get you a job.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA