Re: Oracle - Out of process memory

From: Steve Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 05:53:41 -0500

Your SGA (shared pool) is fragmented.
You can try flushing the shared pool. But this usually does not work.
You probably will need to bounce the database. As mentioned you probably will want to increase the size of your shared pool.

Also there are some bugs in older versions of 8.1 that can cause this probelm. You may investgate these and
upgrade to 8.1.7.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com

Author of: 'So You Want to be an Oracle DBA?'