Re: New Resource Required?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:44:33 +0100

OK Now I really am going mad. This message is saved as a draft for later and still I've managed to post it incomplete. My apologies to all concerned.

The more complete version of the idea was for a web based repository storing schemas, scripts and proofs that could be contributed to by anyone and the ensuing discussion based on a common set of data and assumptions. Moreover this would enable the underlying ideas and assumptions to be challenged and debated in a more scientific manner.

I liked this idea at the time and like it even more now, so I have two questions

  1. Would this sort of thing be generally appreciated - if so I am willing to host the site.
  2. Does anyone know of an appropriate technology (preferably free :-( ) that enables this sort of discussion, file storing etc.

Further improvements and suggestions gratefully received.

In an ideal world of course the resource would have a sandbox database setup with a known configuration, so that experiments could be done online and recorded. Methinks that Oracle Licensing precludes this.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message

> In another thread Nuno asked "I seriously hope one of you folks will snap
> all this or a summary of it
> into a web site?
> Where those of us busy as can be (ahem...) can then read it at leisure
> and become enlightened?"
>
> Which reminded me that one of the ideas Jonathan mentioned in (I think)
the