Re: How can I dynamically execute a procedure name?

From: Tim Cross <tcross_at_nospam.une.edu.au>
Date: 15 Aug 2002 15:53:29 +1000

marcie.tietjen_at_westgroup.com (marcie) writes:

> Brian,
>
> I've tried looking into execute immediately but can't get it to
> execute a procedure. The only examples I've been able to find execute
> a select, insert etc. I haven't been able to find an example or use a
> procedure with execute immediately.

I have'nt needed to use execute immediately yet, but I gather it fulfills a similar role to what you would previously use DBMS_SQL (i.e. dynamic sql and DDL). However, I don't believe you need this just to execute a procedure. You should be able to do this with either an anonymous plsql block or with the exec command e.g.

begin

    my_procedure(val1, val2);
end;
/

or just

exec my_procedure(val1, val2);

Tim

--
find / -iname microsoft -exec rm -rf {} \;