Re: connect to Oracle over the web

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2002 20:29:29 -0700

>Apparently I need (at least) SQL*Net. Is this something that can be
>downloaded. Or can the Oracle client software be downloaded form
their web
>site? I do not think the customer is likely to supply a CD any time
soon.

>TIA
>
>Bill

Oracle recommends to use same version of middleware (Sql*Net, Net8) as your Oracle database. This will prevent you from any version related errors.

Either your customer needs to advance to present day and upgrade to a supported version *or* you need to sit in a time capsule and go in the past to meet them at Oracle 7 junction.

//Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 22:29:29 CDT