Altering a table using its synonym

From: Matthieu DEGLIN <remove-me>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:28:54 +0200

Hello,

I have a table my_usr.MY_TABLE that as a public Synonym MY_TABLE. I try to alter it using:

Alter table MY_TABLE modify col1 date;
--> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

This both commands work:
Alter table my_usr.MY_TABLE modify col1 date; select * from MY_TABLE;

Is it the way Oracle work or did I forget something concerning the synonym creation ?

Thanks for help.

Matthieu Received on Tue Aug 13 2002 - 03:28:54 CDT