Can't start listener

From: Petra Prinz <Petra.Prinz_at_brainMedia.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:42:29 +0200

Hi,

sorry, another newbie question :-( I'm running Oracle 9i on Solaris 8 and have problems starting the database listener. I set my environment variables like it said in the installation manual (that is, $PATH,
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH and $ORACLE_HOME point to the correct directories and
$ORACLE_SID is also set). However, when I start lsnrctrl as user oracle,
the following happens:

LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 9.0.1.0.0 - Production on 13-AUG-2002 07:33:06

Copyright (c) 1991, 2001, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Message 850 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=NL LSNRCTL> start
Message 1070 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNSSegmentation Fault

I searched Google, but couldn't find a solution for this. Perhaps I just didn't look in the right place, but the documentation didn't tell me much, either. I'd really appreciate a hint or two...

TIA,
Petra Received on Tue Aug 13 2002 - 00:42:29 CDT