Re: Installation of 9i under Solaris 8: Problem creating database

From: Tweetie Pooh <tp601553_at_cia.gov>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:13:20 GMT

Petra Prinz <Petra.Prinz_at_brainMedia.de> honoured comp.databases.oracle.misc on Mon 12 Aug 2002 11:07:16a with news:3D5796E4.1040603_at_brainMedia.de:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm completely new to Oracle and just trying to get 9i to install
> under Solaris. Everything looks good up to the point where the installer
> tries to set up the seed database. I get the message box displaying
> the installation progress, and the installation hangs when it
> reaches 50%. The first two steps (Copying Database Files and
> Initializing Database) get finished, then the process just goes to
> sleep. The same thing happens when I use the dbca to manually install a
> database later. Since I don't get any error messages, I don't have the
> faintest idea where to start looking. Any hints?
>
> TIA,
> Petra

Yup

Read the install manual especially the bit about pre install tasks to be performed as root. Very good reading. Of particular note are the kernel parameters in /etc/shell. Received on Mon Aug 12 2002 - 07:13:20 CDT