sqlplus in-line comments problem...

From: Mike Deblis <mdeblis_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2002 01:21:00 -0700

Hi,

I'm, using SQL*Plus 9.0.1.0.0 on Solaris 2.8 and am having a slight problem...

The docs seem to suggest that you can have a comment at the end of a line thus:

DROP TABLE fred; -- Delete the table

However, when I have this is a script read by:

  sqlplus /@db <<EOF
  @mycript.sql
  quit
  EOF lines with trailing comments seem to be ignored. Am I doing something stupid (I presume I am).

Thanks,

Mike Received on Mon Aug 12 2002 - 03:21:00 CDT