Damaged Undo Tablespace

From: Schrödinger's Cat <72446.2772_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:24:42 GMT

We had a power failure during database (9i) operation. All the data tablespaces seem to be fine, but the database will not start because the undo tablespace is corrupt. There is nothing I need to worry about losing in the Undo space. I do not have a backup of the database in 9i. I have tried dropping the undo tablespace, removing it, etc. Nothing will allow the thing to come back online. I am not the most experience Oracle guy, so there is probably something obvious...would someone tell me what that obvious thing is? What do I do to get this database back? Thanks.

Lost in outer<table>space Received on Sat Aug 10 2002 - 22:24:42 CDT