Re: Net8 confusion - need help

From: Álvaro Palma Aste <queria_direccion_at_el.perla.invalid>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 01:11:53 +0000 (UTC)

Randy Harris escribió:
>"Álvaro Palma Aste" <queria_direccion_at_el.perla.invalid> wrote in message
>> Randy Harris escribió:
>> >I've been trying to understand this using the Net8 Admin Guide, but am
>just
>> >too dense to figure it out.
>>
>> >I created a database, this entry was created in tnsnames.ora:

[details deleted]

>> Look up the config of your sqlnet.ora file. It says something
>> about "world" names.

>Please forgive my ignorance. Where would I find the config of my sqlnet.ora
>file?

No problem, nobody borns knowing :-)

The sqlnet.ora file should be in the same folder than tnsnames.ora, often $ORACLE_HOME/net80/admin for net80 clients. It should look like

TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = OFF
names.directory_path = (TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME) names.default_domain = world
name.default_zone = world
automatic_ipc = off

--
Atte.