Re: My Win2000 power user broke when I installed Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:13:07 +0200

On 9 Aug 2002 23:15:11 GMT, dold_at_79.usenet.us.com wrote:

>Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
>
>: I would recommend to
>: - read the installation manual
>did that.
>
>: - confirm you should have used the local administrator account from the
>: start.
>The docs say that I have to part of the administrator group.
>There are two members of the Administrator group, "administrator", and
>"\S-1-5-21...". I logged in as administrator.
>
>: - trash your current Oracle installation
>Oracle works fine.
>
>: - reinstall Oracle
>I don't know what I would do differently.
>
>: - next time read the installation manual *before* creating a mess.
>
>I did.
>
>Would you like to give me a clue where to look for the error in my ways?

You need to install Oracle connected as the *local* administrator on that server, so not using *any* domain account, as you need to create a *local* ora_dba group, which is done properly when you connect as local administrator. And, as far as I know, that's in the manual. So your error is trying to be 'smart' and not following the manual.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Aug 10 2002 - 09:13:07 CDT