Passing variable values into a stored procedure

From: Paul Jones <pjones_at_akirasoft.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2002 13:29:03 -0700

I have an MS SQL background so please bear with me. I am used to being able to run:

EXECUTE Stored_Proc_Name value, value, value

to a stored procedure that I create like the following:

Create Procedure Stored_Proc_Name
@variable1 int,
@variable2 varchar(25),
@variable3 float

AS
Insert Procedure here

I have looked into Oracle's IN and OUT functions, but am uncertain at this point. Here is what I have tried:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE
WFS.TP_CLEANMYT4WDOC (TierDocid IN int)
AS

    BEGIN

	if (Select op__Statusord from T4W_Documents where op__id=TierDocid)=1
		Delete from   T4W_Documents where op__id =TierDocid
    END Then executing using:

EXECUTE WFS.TP_CLEANMYT4WDOC 1234 This is resulting in the error: "Invalid SQL statement." I am using Oracle 8.1.7

All I need to do is delete the record with the appropriate id, which I am passing as a variable. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Paul Jones Received on Thu Aug 08 2002 - 15:29:03 CDT