Re: order by, rownum and more

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:14:58 -0500

There is still a semantic problem here..There is no such thing as THE 6th record.. That could be any record in the table depending on how you structure the query that retrieves it... If the 6th row ( or any particular row - since there is no 6th row in the stored data) is significant why not just add a rownumber field and populate it when it is inserted? then you could access it, for whatever reason, directly: where rownumber = 6;

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Thu Aug 08 2002 - 14:14:58 CDT