Re: Oracle Replication question

From: Richard Foote <Richard.Foote_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 20:21:56 +1000

Hi Tohsh,

My recommendation would be not to re-invent the wheel and look at Oracle's Standby Database (Data Guard in 9i) option. It will provide you with all the functionality you request, with the assumption that the server B database be used for read only activity. The other major benefit is that the whole process of updating the server B database can be fully controlled and automated.

There's a lot to it all so read up on the Oracle8i Standby Database Concepts or the Oracle9i Data Guard Concepts manuals to see if it indeed offers the functionality you're after (http://tahiti.oracle.com)

I suspect it does.

Cheers

Richard