Installing Oracle 9i on SunOS 5.8

From: netnews.worldnet.att.net <j_purser!_at_!yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 22:11:17 GMT

I've created the oracle user and the oradb group as per the installation documentation. The oracle user profile is:

ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/ora91
PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/openwin/bin export PATH DISPLAY ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_HOME

When I exacute the runinstaller program, as the oracle user, I get the follwing error:

$ /cdrom/cdrom0/runinstaller
$ Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /tmp/OraInstall/jre/bin/jre. Please
wait...
Class not found: oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller

Anyone have a hint for me?

TIA John Received on Wed Aug 07 2002 - 17:11:17 CDT