database shutting down after 24 hours...

From: Ann Ominous <a_ominous_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 13:55:25 +0100

Hi
I've inherited some a database, have little DBA experience. Almost 10 years since I've have to use Oracle in anger. Current setup is Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows NT Server. Every morning the database is not accessible around 10am each morning The following shows up in the event log several times "Instance freddb database has been terminated."

This database is used by a development team. Initially was configured with archive logging but this was disabled as the database contents are not important and others reported problems with disk space. Freddb has been spread across 3 disks with the OS and database software on another HDD.
Oracle has moved on quite a bit since my days of using version 4, so I just wanted to check what features could possibly be causing the problem above. Cannot find any OS scheduled jobs.

TIA
-ao- Received on Wed Aug 07 2002 - 07:55:25 CDT