Re: Archive Deleted Rows

From: Adrienne <adimayuga_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2002 16:02:28 -0700

We have a lot of archive/history tables throughout our db model. What I would like to do is create triggers on each table to call the same generic stored procedure. Code maintentance would be alot easier. I assume I can just call the procedure and pass in the table name. Then in the procedure just append "_archive" to insert into the proper archive table. How can I handle the diff number of columns throughout the tables. Can I pass in an array or a cursor of some type, or the whole row?

Thanks again. Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 18:02:28 CDT