Writing to a BFILE from OCI

From: Brian Tkatch <brian.tkatch_at_shopsforme.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:31:40 -0400

Currently, there is a some OCI code that INSERTs records into a table. We now want to add images to be stored with the records as a BFILE. The images are to be stored on the same server as Oracle, which is not local. But the OCI code is run from a separate local server.

The question is, how to get the images rfom the local server to the non-local server. Could we do it through Oracle, or is some other procedure such as FTP required?

Brian Received on Tue Aug 06 2002 - 14:31:40 CDT