Re: A Newbie Question...

From: Hasmukh Daji <hdaji_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:26:40 GMT

I think I should go and work for Oracle's Technical Writer's group - and explain them how to write "Getting Started" manual. It should be simple and to the point - rather than bombard somebody with technical jargons - that will eventually come, anyway... Why start on a complex foundation. I don't claim to be non-technical, though.

Developer who wrote the install scripts - should have taken care of the system environments and beck-end technology stuff - which I suppose they do to a greater extent in this case.

I guess, I am just paranoid that their "Getting Started Manual is written for Orcale'rs only, and not for those who want to "............Get their feet wet............".:-)

BTW - I have downloaded all the PDF's for Oracle 9i - eventually I will get through most of them. - I can just see it's going to be a rough ride.

Anyway, these are strictly my opinions and thoughts. Oracle is still one of the most popular database out there. They must be doing something right.

Hasmukh Daji