Re: Distributing SQL NET software to client machines

From: Priyesh Patel <priyesh_at_mercurie.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:05:33 +0100

Hi ,

I came across a similar requirement recently. Approach we took is as follows :

Take a PC with a standard build as we would expect a typical user to have.

Install Oracle client.

Remove unwanted files eg. demo and sample files.

Get a Microsoft whiz-kid to run a piece of software which picks out the differences before and after installation.

Create Installshield installation from the result.

Stick the install Installshield installation on a web site and let the users download and carry out the installation themselves. Send out the same on CDs for users who cannot download for whatever reason.

Not quite what you want but might give you a few ideas.

Regards
Priyesh Patel
www.mercurie.co.uk