External Table Log Statistics

From: Shiv <usashiv_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Aug 2002 00:22:46 -0700

Hi Guys,

Will you please tell me what the below
Date Cache Statistics Mean (of External Table) ..??

I was able to load the data from External Table to the table into which I want to load data. No Problem.

I want to find out the no. of rows loaded into the table from external table. The below statistics ENTRIES + HITS gives the No of rows loaded. But I dont understand why this information in 2 different columns.?

If Someone knows the answer, please elp me.

Thanks in advance

Shiv

           LOG FILE

LOG file opened at 07/31/02 11:08:49

Field Definitions for table MWLP_EXT
  Record format DELIMITED BY NEWLINE
  Data in file has same endianness as the platform   Rows with all null fields are accepted

  Fields in Data Source:

    PRODUCT_ID                      CHAR (255)
      Terminated by ","
      Trim whitespace same as SQL Loader
    WAFEREVENT_ID                   CHAR (255)
      Terminated by ","
      Trim whitespace same as SQL Loader
    VARIABLE_ID                     CHAR (255)
      Terminated by ","
      Trim whitespace same as SQL Loader
    EVENTEND                        CHAR (19)
      Date datatype DATE, date mask rrrr-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS
      Terminated by ","
      Trim whitespace same as SQL Loader
    X                               CHAR (255)
      Terminated by ","
      Trim whitespace same as SQL Loader
    Y                               CHAR (255)
      Terminated by ","
      Trim whitespace same as SQL Loader
    VAL                             CHAR (255)
      Terminated by ","
      Trim whitespace same as SQL Loader

Date Cache Statistics for table MWLP_EXT
  Max Size:      1000