Re: invisible tables in .net Server Explorer

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 16:47:55 +0200

"Jim Lawton" <jimlawton_at_tabbytail.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:3d4bdb1b.8852499_at_news.ntlworld.com...
> Oracle 8.1.7
> MS .NET Enterprise Server Explorer
> MS XP Home
>
> I have created a new user JIM with a single table, say TEST. In server
> explorer I created a connection for my database.
>
> If I log on as system, I can see all the tables in system but not TEST
> as expected. If I log on as JIM I see *no* tables.
>
> If I create a public synonym for TEST, say TESTA then I can see TESTA
> when I log on as SYSTEM, but not as JIM. It looks like some role /
> privs thing to do with JIM, but I'm b***d if I can see it...
>
> Am I being stupid? ... any pointers or ideas welcomed...
>
> thanks, Jim

Please define 'see'
a ) describe?
b) select * from user_tables;
c) something else
You might have used a lower case table name and lower case table names need to be embedded in "".
If you don't post your definition of 'see', I have to tell you there are no members of the group who have established themselves as being clairvoyant. You just don't provide sufficient info.

Regards Received on Sat Aug 03 2002 - 09:47:55 CDT