invisible tables in .net Server Explorer

From: Jim Lawton <jimlawton_at_tabbytail.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 13:33:53 GMT

Oracle 8.1.7
MS .NET Enterprise Server Explorer
MS XP Home

I have created a new user JIM with a single table, say TEST. In server explorer I created a connection for my database.

If I log on as system, I can see all the tables in system but not TEST as expected. If I log on as JIM I see *no* tables.

If I create a public synonym for TEST, say TESTA then I can see TESTA when I log on as SYSTEM, but not as JIM. It looks like some role / privs thing to do with JIM, but I'm b***d if I can see it...

Am I being stupid? ... any pointers or ideas welcomed...

thanks, Jim Received on Sat Aug 03 2002 - 08:33:53 CDT