HELP: iAS902 EM Problems

From: AF <af_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:48:40 -0700

Hi

I am running iAS 902 on RH7.3 (Yes I know it is not in the certification matrix)

I have successfully installed and configured the system and all runs well... UNLESS I log out the oracle user that kicked off the "emctl start" process

I have read other posts on metalink and such that state to display the dynamic graphics the oracle user needs to stay logged in or the machine need VNC or XVFB (In which the oracle user stays logged in). But these refer to 11i Applications.

  1. Is anyone out there actually running 902 in a production environment? Anyone on LINUX? Is Solaris Better?
  2. Has anyone else seen this problem or do you just leave the oracle user logged in?
  3. Is there a way to configure xauth, pam, etc... allow the process to use the Xserver even when no when the user logs out?

Note: When the user logs out my XServer is still running. It seem that the xhost and xauth settings are lost when the user logs out.

If there is anyone in this group that has more answers than questions thank you for your help
A Received on Fri Aug 02 2002 - 15:48:40 CDT