Re: Conditionally dropping tables in script

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 06:25:04 +0200

"Lloyd Sheen" <sqlguy_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:_Ph29.1088$wh1.403_at_news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> To all:
>
> Please read the question before the ranting. I know in this newsgroup
there
> is much ranting about SQL Server. I would think it would be serve this
> group if questions were answered rather than speechs made.
>
> What was asked was whether it was possible in a "script" not a procedure.
>
> The answer about checking the count of tables is the best and was
delivered
> without preaching.

You're wrong.
First of all : try to reply below the question instead of above. Don't reply above the question because Outlook does that.

Secondly: I definitely did read the question .

There is no reference to either script or procedure in the OP. You're mindreading.

Thirdly
There is *no* use, I repeat *NO USE* in checking the existence of a table prior to dropping it. If the table doesn't exist the drop table will fail. That event can be trapped

So, I did answer the question. That you didn't like the answer tells more about you than it tells about me. You don't know what you are talking about, and you are the one preaching.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA