SNMP agents, Oracle, Solaris

From: Alan <alainrtv_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 19:47:55 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a simple demo based on SNMP.

If you look at the links below, you will see what I'm trying to setup:

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/901_doc/em.901/a88768/ch1.htm#4706 http://wwws.sun.com/software/entagents/docs/UGhtml/intro.doc.html#327

Here is a description of what I want to do.

-Setup a Solaris master agent on a database host.
-Setup an Oracle subagent which tells the master agent if
 a database on the host has been killed.

Does anyone on this list have experience setting up SNMP agents?

I'm hoping to tie all this into a product demonstration of 'Sun Management Center'.

I just finished installing Sun Management Center.

It has a GUI named the 'console'.

I hope to demonstrate that this console will display an alarm to someone in a data center NOC when Oracle crashes or runs out of space or misbehaves in some way.

-Alan