remote OS authentication?

From: Ed Wong <ewong_at_mail.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 16:26:14 -0700

If I set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to NONE, I can get the OS Authentication and logon LOCALLY on server as "connect / as sysdba" as long as I am in oracle dba group. Can I do the same thing remotely from other server? For example, can I do "connect /@proddb as sysdba" from other server?

I know that if I set the password file with REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE = EXCLUSIVE, I can do "connect scott/tiger_at_prodb as sysdba". But I don't want to specify username/password as I am implementing some remote scripts and I don't want to put username/password in the script.

I am using Oracle 8.1.7EE on Sun Solaris 2.7

Thanks,
ewong Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 18:26:14 CDT