connecting with java2 1.4 & user identified externally

From: Kristoffel <krd_at_pandora.be>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 21:43:02 GMT

Hi,

I try to connect to the Oracle DB 8.1.7. in my java-program (url : < jdbc:oracle:oci8:@ >) with a user that is identified externally (OS-unix SUN) . The version of java2 is 1.4

My java-connection work correctly with the Oracle jdbc-driver "classes12.zip" in my CLASSPATH.

But is NOT work with the last jdbc driver of Oracle "ojdbc14.jar" in my CLASSPATH. I assume that I have to install also the OCI shared libraries. But which version of the OCI libraries : 9.2.0.1 or 9.0.1 or 8.1.7 ? Can I use the OCI libraries 9.* for a connection to Oracle Database 8.1.7?

Other question: is it possible to connect with a user identified externally with the thin driver?

Kind regards,

Kristoffel DE GEEST Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 16:43:02 CDT