Re: job market for oracle developers?

From: Rebecca Brown <white_trash_moon_at_yahoo.com_xxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:27:21 -0700

Although the pictorial displays in InfoWorld might indicate that every
last one of its writers is male that is (pardon the pun) nuts.
Manager has to have knowledge of basic things, so he can judge it

The best manager I've ever had happened to be female.
She knew enough to choose the right people, give them the right tools, and get out of the way.
She advocated for staff needs as appropriate and kept a tight budget.

Pekka Siltala wrote:

things like research and dev under him). Database management are usually
under it's own branch, or has it's leaf wiggiling under CTO with other
infrastructure guys. Designers are placed into it's own branch under dev
usually with no specific coordinator or manager.
Please note that "it's" means "it is" where as "its" means "belonging to it".
I know it's semantics, but hey, it's important semantics.

HTH,
Rachel

p.s. This posting is not the result of a homework assignment in Women's Studies 101.