Must tables exist at PL/SQL compile time?

From: Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:47:14 -0600

Good day -

My PL/SQL skills are a tad rusty these days, and I so I have to ask this seemingly silly question.

I'm attempting to compile a package, and the only error I receive speaks of a
non-existent table (at compilation time, but not execution time) referenced
in the code. My application flow will create the aforementioned table via a Pro*C program, and then the PL/SQL program will access it.

Are you aware of any technique that I can use at PL/SQL compile time to avoid the dreaded "PLS-00201: identifier 'xxx.xxx' must be declared" error? I suppose that I could create a dummy xxx.xxx table, compile the PL/SQL and then remove the dummy table, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Thanks very much,
Tom Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 15:47:14 CDT