Re: job market for oracle developers?

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:40:10 +0200

> > DEVELOPER 6i  ( If you're going to do some Oracle Client development)
>
> how is that different than 8i and 9i?  I guess I'll learn.

It indivates that you have still some way to go - but donīt worry, I did not know it either at my beginning =)

There is no "8i Developer". This is due to some version upgrading policies of Oracle that have to be looked at:

Oracle DB Versions:
... > 7 > 8 > 8i (latest is 8.1.7) > 9i

Oracle Developer Suite (Forms and Reports)
... > 5 > 6.0 > 6i > 9i (!)

Only be the version of 9i, you will find unified versions, before that was a mix that was difficult to choose from ...

You can use Developer Suite 5 or 6i on Oracle DB 8, 8i and afaik even 9i.

Note: Developer Suite has a *very* high learning curve. Expect some months to learn just the basics of it...

Regards, Jan Received on Wed Jul 24 2002 - 03:40:10 CDT