Re: newbie help- Two Long fields in one table

From: D <bbcrock_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2002 07:17:59 -0700

I just wanted to thank everyone for the responses. I had a feeling I misunderstood the use of the LONG data type and I think I did. I come from a SQL Server environment (thus the newbie designation in the subject) and there are techniques and limitations in that environment that don't translate to Oracle. The SQL Server version I used featured "Text," a long-text field that was only field of its type. I am interested in texting the CLOB, but... did I mention this was a legacy db in Oracle 7.3.4? Could the project get any more confusing?

Either way thanks to all who replied for setting me on the right track.