Re: Oracle Reports runtime: ROLE parameter

From: Andy <andy.spaven_at_eps-hq.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:48:13 +0100

Paul

I've not used oracle reports in a long while but I think the problem is more likely with the roles. I'd take an educated guess that the problem is that you need to grant the role to the user but to make the role non-default i.e. such it is not activated by default (alter user <username> default role all except <theRoleToDisable>. I'd guess that the ROLE='my_role' parameter tells Oracle reports to issue the alter user <username> default role <my_role> or similar to enable the role.

Can anyone confirm my suspicions ? or am I barking up the wrong tree ?