Newbie - SQL Loader - Multiple Input Files

From: paul <pquigley_at_whpi.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2002 12:43:41 -0700

Hi,

I have 2 flat files containing data which merges to form 1 record.

e.g.

Flat File A
SYMBOL = IBM
UNITS = 300 Flat File B
SYMBOL = IBM
CURRENCY = USD becomes;
SYMBOL = IBM
UNITS = 300
CURRENCY = USD Currently, I use 2 ctrl files and a temp table. The data in Flat File A is loaded into the base table and the data in Flat File B is loaded into the temp table. I use an sql statement to update the base table CURRENCY values.

Is there a way to do the above using just one sql loader file ? Received on Mon Jul 22 2002 - 14:43:41 CDT