Help about Spatial Data (3 dimensional boxes)

From: Markus Veith <markusveith_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 19:28:07 +0200

Hello there,

i am completely new to spatial data in oracle and in general. This is why my question is maybe very easy, but for me a big problem. The Oracle Spatial User Guide did not help me there. It instead made me confused. What i want to do is to store several boxes (the measurments of the boxes mostly are 1x1x1 but they can also be greater boxes when i later want to group them. then it can also be that i want to store a box with e.g. dimension 12x16x80 or so) at different coordinates into a mdsys.sdo_geometry object. First of all, how can i do it. I do not know the right sql syntax for that? Second how can i query the data? I want to know the x,y and z coordinate of the different boxes and also the length, width and height of the boxes. And for Grouping maybe a possibility to get all the boxes that are completely contained within another box. E.G. I take a box at coordinate (0,0,0) and length 3, height 3 and width 3. Now i would like to get all boxes (width 1,height 1 and length 1) that are inside this box ((0,0,0),(0,0,1),(0,0,2),(0,1,2) and so on). Maybe somebody can tell me directly how to do this or give me a link to a tutorial that helps me to store 3D data into Oracle. Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Markus Veith Received on Sun Jul 21 2002 - 12:28:07 CDT