Re: Send data from HTML form to Oracle database

From: Matthias Lippmann <matthias_at_lippmannsoft.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:59:47 +0200

"Johnny" <kdankwah_at_aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:732d872a.0207190942.204e8087_at_posting.google.com...
> Could someone please tell me how to send data from an HTML form when
> the user click on the submit buttonon my website to the Oracle
> database that I own. Code will be welcomed. Please help
>
> Thanks in advance.

There are several ways available. You could use WebDB, Oracle´s built-in feature for accessing data through the web. Or you could use programs on your web server such as Java Server Pages (JSP) using JDBC or Active Server Pages accessing the Oracle Database using Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O). You could also use a Scriping Language like PHP which is supported on most OS Platforms and Web Servers. The right technology for you depends on the Web Server you are using.

Greetings,

Matthias Lippmann
lippmann_at_lippmannsoft.de Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 15:59:47 CDT